India, situated in the continent of Asia, is known for its diversity all over the world. Although its neighboring countries play an important role in the progress of any country, in such a situation it is necessary to know about the neighboring countries of our country. Through today’s article, we are going to give you information about all the major neighboring countries of India. with this you India’s neighboring countries names and their capitals, Whose borders meet India (List Of India’s Neighbors countries) Will be able to get related information. With this, not only will you be able to increase your knowledge about your neighboring countries, but this article will also prove to be important in competitive exams and general knowledge competitions.
all neighboring countries of india
India is the seventh largest country in terms of area in the world, in such a way most of the countries in the continent of Asia share their borders with India. India is surrounded by its neighboring countries from all sides. It is surrounded by Pakistan, Afghanistan to the west, China to the north, Nepal and Bhutan to the northeast, and Bangladesh and Myanmar to the east. There are only 7 countries in India’s neighboring countries with which India shares its land border. Apart from this, India shares only water border with 2 countries Sri Lanka and Maldives. Our country has always been an advocate of progressive relations with its neighboring countries, for which the government has always taken initiative for cooperation on economic and social issues.
India’s neighboring countries names and their capitals
Through the list given here, you have been given a list of all the neighboring countries of India and their capital. Along with this, information about the total length of land border of India with these countries has also been provided.
|country||capital||Border Length (in Km)|
Neighboring countries of Indiaat a glance
Here you have been given important information related to all neighboring countries of India in brief. Through this you can get additional information about these countries.
- Pakistan:- Pakistan came into existence on 14 August 1947 after the partition of the country. The Indian states of Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan and Gujarat share a huge border with Pakistan. The boundary between India and Pakistan is determined by the Radcliffe Line, also known as the Line of Control (LOC).
- Afghanistan:- India’s former neighbor Afghanistan shares a 106 km long border with India in the Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir state. Let us tell you that before the partition of the country, the border was determined through India and Afghanistan through Durand Line, which is currently the border line between Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- China:-India’s largest neighbor China shares a long border with the northern and northeastern states of the country. The boundary line between India and China has been determined by the McMahon Line. However, China has been raising border disputes with the country from time to time by denying the existence of the McMahon Line.
- Bangladesh:Bangladesh sharing a 4096.7 kilometer long border is the longest border sharing country with India. It shares a huge border with the north-eastern states of the country and Bengal. Along with this, Bangladesh’s economic relations with our country are also strong.
- Nepal: – Nepal, located in the north-east of India, shares a long border with the northern states of India. Due to the free border between India and Nepal, citizens have the convenience of movement.
- Bhutan: – Bhutan, situated in the north-east of India, has always been an ally of India. It shares its border with the north-eastern states of the country and plays an important role for the country’s strategic importance.
- Myanmar:- Myanmar is an important neighbor of India in the eastern direction, sharing borders mainly with the North-Eastern states of India. It shares a long border of 1643 km with our country.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) related to neighboring countries of India
India shares border with how many countries?
India shares its land border with a total of 7 countries.
Which are the neighboring countries of India?
The neighboring countries of India are as follows :- Pakistan, China, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Maldives
Which are the neighboring countries sharing the water border of India?
Neighboring countries sharing India’s territorial waters are Sri Lanka and Maldives.
Which is the neighboring country sharing the longest border with India?
The neighboring country sharing the longest border with India is Bangladesh which shares a 4096.7 kilometer border with India.
With which country does India share the shortest boundary line?
India shares the shortest border line (106 km) with Afghanistan.